PEC 2012 Counseling:17 Points to Remember
1. Candidates are advised to read the Information Brochure and instructions carefully, before applying on-line on website www.chdenggadmissions.nic.in, The registration-cum-counselling fee of Rs. 1200/- (Rupees One Thousand and Two hundred only) in favour of Joint Admission Committee � 2012 is to be deposited either in the form of e- challan in any branch of HDFC bank throughout India or by using EPG services.
2. Only the candidates belonging to Sports Category (code 14) and son/daughters/spouses of Military/Paramilitary Personnel (codes 15 to 33 given in Annexure I on page 61) are required to send their confirmation slips and JAC copy of e-challan/EPG receipt along with self-attested photocopies of the required certificates. The confirmation slip must be signed by the candidate & his/her father/mother/guardian at specified places. The last date for the submission of confirmation slips along with the required documents for these categories is 3rd July, 2012 up to 5.00 P.M. Submission can be done by hand in the Admissions Office at University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Sector 25, Chandigarh or sent by post to The Chairperson, Joint Admission Committee, University Institute of Engineering and Technology, Panjab University, Sector 25, Chandigarh.
3. Those candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination (10+2) from schools/colleges located in the Union Territory, Chandigarh and recognized by the Chandigarh Administration, are considered under the Chandigarh Quota (for PEC/CCET/CCA only) and all other students who have passed their qualifying examination from elsewhere, fall under the All India Quota.
4. There is no Chandigarh Quota for UIET/UICET (formerly known as DCET)/ UIET PUSSGRC.
5. The venue for manual counselling will be Gymnasium Hall, Pnajab University, Sector 14, Chandigarh. The important dates and the detailed schedule of the fourth round of manual counselling are given at the end of this brochure (Pages 72 and 73). No separate reporting/counselling letters will be issued.
6. Admissions will be done through three rounds of online counselling followed by one last (fourth) round of manual counselling. Only those candidates who have successfully registered themselves till 26th June, 2012 and paid the registration-cum-counselling fee of Rs. 1200/- will be able to participate in these rounds of counselling. However, there will only be two rounds of manual counselling for the candidates belonging to Sports Category and son/daughters/spouses of Military/Paramilitary Personnel (codes 14 to 33) as per the schedule given at the end of this brochure (Pages 72 and 73).
7. Irrespective of whether a candidate has participated in the first three rounds of on-line counselling or not, he/she will be eligible for participation in the fourth manual round of counselling against the vacant seats available at that time.
8. Every candidate must indicate in his/her application, the quota (for PEC, CCET & CCA) and the categories of seat(s) applied for. If no mention is made about the category in his/her application, the candidate will be considered only for the Open Category. No candidate will be considered for admission against a category for which he/she has not applied. However, a reserved category candidate could be considered for admission against open seats as per his general merit position.
9. In case, a candidate has previously secured admission in another institution and, because of this reason, is unable to produce his/her original certificates at the time of reporting/counselling, he/she may be allowed provisional admission, provided he/she produces a certificate, from the competent authority and on the authorized letter head of the institution where he/she has taken admission, to the effect that all his/her original certificates are lying with that institution, along with copies of his/her certificates attested by a Group A gazetted officer. He/She will be required to submit his/her original certificates within one week time of getting such provisional admission; otherwise his/her admission shall stand automatically cancelled.
10. A candidate, who reports late on the scheduled day of counselling during the fourth round, or on any subsequent date of counselling, will have no claim to a branch according to his/her original merit position, but will be offered a seat in the branch where the seats are available at the time he/she presents himself/herself before the Admission Committee.
11. Candidates passing their (10+2) or equivalent examination from Boards/Councils other than CBSE or School Education Boards of Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh and Delhi States will have to submit migration certificate from the respective Council/Board within a month from the date of provisional admission.
12. Candidates shall attend the counselling/reporting for admission at their own expenses.
13. All admissions to B.E./B. Arch. Courses shall be PROVISIONAL and subject to approval by the competent authorities.
14. In case of any dispute regarding admissions to B.E./B. Arch. courses, the decision of the Joint Admission Committee shall be final.
15. CANCELLATION OF SEAT:
A candidate, who does not submit online fee on the date and time specified for the purpose (page 72-73), shall forfeit his/her seat.
In case, a student leaves the institute/college after taking admission, he/she will be governed by instructions/guidelines of respective institute regarding refund of fee etc.
16. The students, who want to avail the hostel facilities, should contact the respective institute/college on the day of physical reporting to book their seat in the hostel. It may not be possible to accommodate a student in hostel, if he/she does not book a hostel seat on the same day and does not follow the prescribed procedure for the same. The hostel accommodation will be given as per University/participating Institute rules and regulations.
17. Those candidates admitted through three rounds of online counselling in institutes under Panjab University, Chandigarh and physically report on 31st July and 1st August, 2012 at respective institutes will get preference in getting hostel accommodation over the students admitted in fourth manual round of counselling irrespective of their AIEEE rank..
Read Other Interesting Articles
Call for any query regarding admissions
Call now 09212255855